Modern Slavery Statement
This statement is made pursuant of s54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that The Firs Medical Centre has taken and is continuing to take to make sure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealing and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Areas we focus on:
- Staff recruitment - ensure thorough checks and legitimate references.
- Patient care - any suspicion of modern slavery should be reported. See safeguarding policy.
- Supply chain - use of registered, reputable companies only. Need to review these periodically for compliance.
- Priority within the practice of respect of human rights and zero tolerance of modern slavery.
- Staff trainingannual to identify risks and how to report.
- Signpost helpline on website and in practice. Modern slavery helpine webisite or call 08000 121 700
In order to comply with the Act, The Firs Medical Centre:
- Publishes the statement above on the website
- The partners have approved the statement
For reference/ examples of good practice:
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.